Monday, May 24, 2010

Forties Flashback

I love love love it when movies and tv shows are based in the 30s, 40s or 50s. So, much to my delight while watching a marathon of my season boxsets of Army Wives (Ok shut up. Sometimes a girl needs to feel like someone else knows how they feel. Even if it is alot of Hollywood hoopla. Some of it hits close to home.) to see that they made one based in 1943, for the war effort of course. The hair, clothing and storyline were fabuloso.



Look how cute they all look! A man in uniform is aces in my book (ok not ALL men, and not ALL uniforms. A McDonalds uniform does nothing for me haha). Anyhoo its titled "As Time Goes By" on season 3 if anyone is interested in checking it out. I really really liked it. Its got to be my favorite episode. Its like a super quick WW2 movie.




Theres mine doing his job during the last deployment.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I saw that episode! I absolutely loved the hair, makeup and outfits. They repeated that episode a couple of times on cable and I kept recording it with the DVR just to sigh at the clothing and hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did a really good job on everything. I was looking at the clothes and shoes and saying I WANT I WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow amazing! I love love love the first pic! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete